Conceptually, the new album will be an extension of "Dirtylicious", the traditional instruments being preserved, but only one song will be processed from folklore, the rest are entirely original compositions, with a wide variety of influences, as well as on "Freak Show" (Romanian folklore, Gypsy and Hungarian music, Balkan music, ska, jazz, etc ...). We also added new traditional instruments such as those used in the FolkCore DeTour (viola, whistle, double bass) and a novelty for Dirty Shirt, brass instruments (trumpet, trombone, sax).
Acoustic recordings are finalized, with 13 musicians participating in studio sessions:
- Violin: Cosmin Nechita (Dirty Shirt) & Gabriel Bărăştean (Arad Philharmonic)
- Clarinet & Saxophone: Andrei Osan (Transylvanian Orchestra)
- Trumpet: Mihnea Blidariu (Amara Luna)
- Flutes: Andrei Oltean (E-an-na)
- Cembalo: Leonard Negrea
- Accordion: Eduard Albina (Ensemble of Transylvania)
- Trombone: Ionut Vartolas
- Viola: Ferenc Balogh (Ensemble of Transylvania)
- Acoustic Guitars: Mihai Tivadar (Dirty Shirt) & Dan Petean (Dirty Shirt)
- Double bass: Stefan Peterfi (Transylvania ensemble)
- Additional Saxophone: Ioan Mircea Belbe (Transylvania Ensemble)
Acoustic instrument recordings were made by:
- Mihai Tivadar and Dan Secheli (Seven Cats Studio, Baia Mare)
- Vlad Bornuz (Luna Recording Studio, Cluj Napoca)
- Adrian Uritescu (Low5Bass Studio, Deva)
Most of May is dedicated to recording "modern" instruments at Seven Cats studios in Baia Mare. Thus, Vlad Ţoca is in full drum recording session, and by the end of the month the electric guitars, bass and voices will be recorded for 5-6 songs. The latest recordings will take place this summer, with Charles Massabo (Kallaghan Records, Los Angeles) and Mihai Tivadar (Dirty Shirt / MT Sound, Grenoble) producing the audio.
Dirty Shirt, Kallaghan Records, Promusic Events, Maximum Rock, Seven Cats Studio, Luna Recording Studio, Low5Bass Studio, MT Sound Studio, ...
One fine body…